HAPPY 2012, friends!!! It was a mad dash to the finish, but we made it and then took some time off to enjoy with our families. We hope that you all were able to do the same.
I found this great post on Apartment Therapy that I wanted to share with you and hope that you will find it inspiring. It’s pretty much what we’ve been preaching since day one.
Nine Reasons To Consider Adding an Antique (or Two or Three) To Your Home:
1. Antiques tell a story, and are a tangible link to the past and sometimes your own heritage.
2. Antiques are green! Antiques are inherently recycled and reused. Very few products can claim such longevity.
3. Antique furniture is generally very well made — and made by hand.
4. Antiques are trendproof. If you buy a piece with beautiful lines, curves and construction it is unlikely to offend even the trendiest of trendoids.
5. Antiques are the key to eclecticism. Antiques can add texture, energy and personality to even the most modern or contemporary decor. If you don’t want your home to look overly styled or to resemble a chain store’s showroom, a few carefully chosen antiques will do the trick.
6. Antiques retain or increase in value.
7. Reupholstering or restoring an old piece is a satisfying process with often wonderful results.
8. Antiques are often more appropriately scaled for older or smaller dwellings (unlike, say, Restoration Hardware pieces).
9. Antiques can lend a room character, personality and charm.
Take a look at the full post and all the pretty pictures they have posted as well.
Cheers to the new year and a vintage life well lived!
Jessica and Julie